It has long been said, that to make the league, you need to leave all the flash behind from your game, and focus on the fundamentals.
However, it doesn’t always work that way. Every now and again you will see a streetball move in the NBA; a player putting on a show that makes the crowd get on their feet.
We’ve searched the archives and put together 33 of the most streetball moves you will ever see in the NBA!
Check ’em out:
1) Stephon Marbury with the Wrap Around Fake on Vlade Divac
One of the great moves ever in an all-star game – such a shame he didn’t finish it.
2) Lance Stephenson through the Legs Shovel Pass
Stephenson with a completely unnecessary, but sick, through the legs shovel pass!
3) Jason Williams Spinning Pass to Williamson
You know this isn’t going to be the only time White Chocolate appears in this list.
4) Jason Richardson Bounces the Ball of Carlos Boozer’s Head
Carlos Boozer got pretty upset about this in the media afterwards.
5) Steve Francis Alley Oop Off the Self Bounce
May just have been the greatest ever travel in NBA history too.
6) Jason Williams Behind the Back Off the Elbow Pass
Arguably the most creative move in NBA history.
7) Tracy McGrady Self Pass Off the Backboard
The pioneer of using the glass to make a self-oop. T-Mac did this multiple times.
8) Allen Iverson Crosses Michael Jordan Twice
Allen Iverson is perhaps the king of bringing the street to the league, and this crossover (x2) on MJ is by far his greatest.
9) Michael Jordan Crosses against Larry Bird
On his way to 63, MJ gives Larry Bird the business.
10) Isiah Thomas Bounce Pass Alley Oop
Isiah Thomas bringing the street flavour into the NBA in the ’80s!
11) Lamar Odom No Look Alley Oop Pass to Darius Miles for the Alley Oop!
One of the greatest lob sequences of all time!
12) Steve Francis Toys with Troy Hudson
Had him in a daze!
13) Chris Webber Wrap Around Assist
C-Webb full on taking the piss with this one.
14) Jamal Crawford Behind the Back Move
Jamal Crawford’s patented ‘shake and bake’ is too sick and he’s pulled it off too many times to count!
15) Kyrie Irving Shammgod
Kyrie Irving might be the smoothest street player in the league today.
16) Baron Davis Behind the Back Fake Before Behind the Back Pass
Baron Davis goes behind the back once with the fake before dishing to PJ Brown.
17) Andray Blatche Over the Head Fake & Finish
Andray Blatche makes Len look the wrong way!
18) Jamaal Tinsley Dribbles Through Defender’s Legs
There is no-one, and I mean no-one, who has gone through as many people’s legs as Tinsley.
19) Chris Paul Shammgod into a Crossover & Finish
Chris Paul wheels and deals his way to the rack.
20) Steve Francis Pass Fake
Steve Francis shows off with a fancy ball fake.
21) Jamal Crawford Through the Legs Alley Oop
Ridiculous pass and a ridiculous finish. The definition of bringing streetball moves to the NBA!
22) Andre Iguodala Around the Back Lay Up
Iguodala going on silly in the Rookie-Sophomore game in 2005.
23) Jason Kidd Around the Back No Look Dish
Jason Kidd goes around the world before no looking to Vince Carter.
24) Allen Iverson Behind the Back Pass
Iverson wraps it behind his back before releasing for the assist.
25) Pistol Pete Maravich Fake
Before Jason Williams, there was ‘Pistol Pete’ Pete Maravich.
26) Jason Williams Fake & Over the Shoulder Assist
Jason Williams again with the crazy street move in an NBA game.
27) Hakeem Olajuwon with the Dream Shake on David Robinson
Olajuwon going street on Robinson after Robinson won the MVP before the ’95 Western Conference Finals
28) Magic Johnson No Look Pass
Magic is another one of those players that has too many to list here, but here is one of the nicest ones!
29) Allen Iverson Self Pass & Finish
AI wraps it under his arm on the self pass before finishing in the 2001 All Star Game.
30) Jason Williams Leaves Gary Payton for Dust
Gary Payton can only look back as J-Will puts one of the moves of the century on him.
31) Michael Jordan with One of Greatest Ball Fakes Ever
MJ putting those big hands to good use.
32) Rafer Alston with the Sick Fake & Teardrop
Rafer Alston a.k.a Skip to My Lou, one of the original streetball legends to make the league, goes back to his roots!
33) Allen Iverson Crosses Over Antonio McDaniels Twice
Allen Iverson gives Antonio McDaniels the business twice!
Help spread the streetball moves in the NBA love by sharing with your friends on Facebook using the button below!